Get Your TASTE Tour 2020 Passport!
Here at Kissing Tree, we’re thrilled to be part of the San Marcos Community, especially when it involves helping out our local nonprofit organizations. This year, we’re proud to sponsor the 11th annual TASTE event benefiting United Way of Hays and Caldwell Counties. From Dripping Springs to Luling and all of the cities in between, our area has some of the tastiest food in Central Texas, and the TASTE Tour 2020 is your opportunity to sample fantastic restaurants while helping kids and adults in need.
Introducing the TASTE Tour Passport
Most years, TASTE is an in-person event for more than 400 people, so the circumstances of this year required that event organizers re-imagine the event into something that would be safe for both supporters and local businesses. They came up with the idea of creating a TASTE Tour 2020 Passport that gives supporters discounts and treats at area businesses.
So Many Tasty Benefits
For only $35, your TASTE Tour 2020 Passport will be delivered to your phone via text and email, with no need to download an app. You’ll get immediate access to benefits like:
- Free Chicken and Sausage Gumbo With White Rice at Brooklyn’s Down South
- Free Tuna Tartare at Cody’s Restaurant Bar & Patio
- Free Appetizer at Figaro’s Pizza & Pub
- $25 off $100 purchase at Hay’s Co. Outfitters
- Free Sprouts with purchase of entrée at Industry
- Wine Tasting or Beer Flight at Los Olivos Market, Buda
- Free Small Side with meat purchase at Louie’s Craft BBQ
- Free Appetizer at Market Street Café
- Free Handmade Beverage at Mochas & Javas
- Free Curry Queso at North Street Beer Bar & Curry Shop
- Sample of Hill Country Caprese With Local Goat Cheese at Palmer’s Restaurant
- Sample of Chocolate Bread Pudding at Palmer’s Restaurant
- Free Drip Coffee or Iced Tea at Rolling in Thyme & Dough
- Free Cactus Blossom or Fried Pickles with entrée purchase at Texas Roadhouse
- Free Dessert at The Leaning Pear
- 15% off Online Orders at Tiff’s Treats
- Buy One, Get One Free subs at ThunderCloud Subs
- $15 off a $50 purchase at Two P’s & Calli’s Boutique
- 10% off Food with wine purchase at Water 2 Wine
- Free Smoothie or Coffee at Weusi Wellness Café
Helping Children in Need
By purchasing a TASTE Tour 2020 Passport, you are not only supporting local restaurants and merchants who have affected by the ongoing pandemic, you are assisting UWHCC in providing critical dollars to our partner agencies who are working to:
• Ensure that children who are victims of neglect or abuse have the necessary support through Greater San Marcos Youth Council and CASA
• Provide hot and healthy meals to thousands of shut-in senior citizens through Meals on Wheels in Hays and Caldwell Counties.
• Fund mentoring programs for hundreds of San Marcos Youth Service Bureau, Girls Empowerment Network and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
• Provide nutrition classes and healthy food options to senior adults needing assistance from the Hays County Food Bank.
• Assist residents of San Marcos Public Housing Authority make and execute a plan that will allow them to move out of public housing.
• Help families who are facing their own crisis pay their bills through Salvation Army.
• Give hope to families of children born with a learning or physical disability by funding therapy services through Any Baby Can.
Want to know more? Visit TASTE Tour 2020 for more details, a full list of restaurants, maps, and all the important details.